RSview input problem

frw312

I am running an application with rsview32 and all of the existing input objects (numeric & string) will no longer accept input values. On some screens you can type the values in, on 1 screen you can delete them but not enter new data. In any event the values will not transfer to the plc (PLC5). If I run the displays in another application they work just fine. Is there something that could get scrambled or a parm changed that disables the input feature? Thanks for any suggestions.

Do a reboot of the computer or read the what I posted about a week ago

What I describe below may be a fix for your situation it has for me on many occasions .

This I have posted before.
Sometimes when edits are done in RSView 32, the project just does not want to release the cache files, and tries to keep running on previous settings.

A repair I do if any issue crops up, is to shut down the project, then in windows explorer, go into the project folder, open the cache folder, and blow away all files in that cache folder, they will be rebuilt on the next start up.

The next thing I do is go to the projects Tag folder, and look for one file with "the project name".cac
I THEN BLOW THAT ONE ONLY AWAY, leaving all the other files in that folder, this .cac file also will be rebuilt on project start up.

Then shut down computer and reboot and run your project.

I cant promise this will fix your problem, but it wont harm it either.

Last edited:
You also need to do this if your project will not open with message database syncronisation failed, this often happens after edits or you have to crash it couse it locked up.