MicroLogix 1400: Wonderware Driver DASABCIP?

prozalez

Has anyone seen this problem with the Wonderware driver DASTCPCIP (Ver.4.0) to communicate with the new AB MicroLogix 1400 PLC?
This is the same driver I use on my 1100's and it works fine, on that PLC........WHY??????:mad:

Still no Luck....

I have setup my driver the same as a MicroLogix 1100, and have not had success. Any other tips to add would be appreciated.

Micrologix 1400 vs. Wonderware

I suppose I was not very clear.. My problem is a Micrologix 1400 PLC is suppose to utilize the same I/O Wonderware driver as the Micrologix 1100 would (DASABCIP Vers.4). I have done this and have not had success with it. Although I have used multiple instances of MicroLogix 1100's. The setup is simple enough it requires only the IP address and a Device Group Name. In WindowMaker I setup an AccesName with the Group Name equal to the TopicName, then fill in the ApplicationName equal to my I/O server name(DASABCIP) and this should work. But it does NOT.:confused:

Starting at the beginning....
1. Can you ping the ML1400 from the PC running the DASABCIP Server?
2. Is the DAS Server activated?
3. Are the topic & access names correct? In you 1st post, you did quote DASTCPCIP (Ver.4.0) which I suspect is just a typo?
4. Is this DAS Server on a PC that has communicated with a ML1100 before? Reason I ask, is there were some hot fixes I thought for the DAS driver, but cannot remember what version we used.

1. The 1400 is already messaging and on the Network. I get online to program with RSLogix.
2. Server is Running
3. Yes, Typo...I am using DASABCIP for Micro and Contrologix. Using DASABTCP for SLC's.
4. I currently have, two 1100's on this server. Both function good.

Are the ML1100's also doing messaging?

Is there a limit to the no of Ports/connections that the ML1400 can support?

Does the DASABCIP driver use the same port that RSLinx does, or that the messaging does?

I have had a situation before, with another PLC brand when using the DAS server, that I could not get online from the same PC. Not the same problem, but possibly a similar scenario.

Post the program for one of your ML1100 and the ML1400. Let others take a look to see if any differences exits. (two eyes better then one) Zip the flies first.