PLC5 BTW/BTR for analog Input

bluenoser337

I have an old PLC5 program with block transfers for many A/I cards. The "setup screens" won't come up because the modules were never added to the IOC. I believe it was set up long ago by entering the scaling and other values in the N7 registers. I can't find documentation on those BTW registers. I want to adjust scaling. BTR - R2/G6/M0 Control N7:10 Data N7:40 Len 20. BTW - R2/G6/M0 Control N7:15 Data N7:80 Len 37. Also, the BTR and BTW execute at the same time...which seems odd. Shouldn't the BTW be on 1st scan, or when I trigger it somehow? Thanks!!

Tell us the complete catalog number of the analog card you have. And it would also be helpful if you can post your .RSP file. And tell us which card you want to make changes to.
Or better yet add the card to your IO configuration and make the changes their.

Mickey...I'm not at the site and just discovered this lack of information. It is a 16 A/I. That's all I know right now. Does the N file info come with the card documentation? Thanks!

Operaghost and Mickey...thanks for that. I think this gives me exactly what I need. I think the A/Is probably are IFEs. Thanks again!! Also, I don't think the BTW and BTR in my first post both belong to the input card. Just realized that this rack is 2-slot addressing...I think there is an A/O alongside the A/I.

The BTR and BTW info you posted does sound like the 1771-IFE. Those are the right lengths for the IFE.

(waiting to hit submit reply to give Mickey a chance to type!)
OG