Can the modules of compactlogix be used in controllogix system?

hanachen

Hi
I just got a new logix5561 from Rockwell. I already had a compactlogixL43 connecting with Kinetix 6000 Servo Drive.
The problem is that there is no sercos module for the logix5561,
Is it possible I can use the module for the compactlogix? how?

Thanks a lot

For ControlLogix controllers such as the 1756-L61, you can use the SERCOS motion modules 1756-M03SE, -M08SE, and -M16SE.

For ControlLogix controllers such as the 1756-L61, you can use the SERCOS motion modules 1756-M03SE, -M08SE, and -M16SE.

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry.I might make a mistake about what I am asking.
I have the sercos module for compactlogix.
Can I plug it off and use that for the controllogix?Cause I do not have the module for controllogix.
Or is it possible I could just use the module for the compactlogix with the controllogix cntrollers?

Last edited:
No.

There is no adapter or connector that can interconnect the 1768 or 1769 series CompactLogix backplane to the 1756-series ControlLogix backplane.

Why are you moving from a CompactLogix to a ControlLogix ? Are you expanding the application, or the number of axes, or something else ?

The CompactLogix 1768-L45 can control up to eight axis using two SERCOS modules
Absolutely!
L45 is the way to go, you already have the hardware, just get an extra sercos card and you're good to go.
Finished a project a couple of months ago with L45 and 6 axes.
Worked like a charm.