analog Input 1769-IF4

faiek

Hi All,
Would you please assist me to use GSV instruction to obtain the value of analog Input from Ch#1 of 1769-IF4?
Thanks

That's not what the "GSV" instruction is for. Its to monitor controller status. See PDF below for more info.

Depending on what processor you have see link below appendix "B" and "C" for how to access the data from the module.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1769-um002_-en-p.pdf
Thank you so much, Please note that I'm using processor 1769-L32E, would you please provide me with a simple example of how to retrieve the input value of the analog module and compare it with the set value.
Regards,

You would read the tag corresponding to the slot and channel for your I/O card. The analog input value for an analog input module in slot 4 of the local rack would be in the tag:

Local:4:I.Ch1Data

Depending on how you have your card configured, you will have to apply some scaling factors to get that value into real world units. For example, I have my analog card set up as 4-20mA, engineering units. At 4 mA, it will read 4000 and at 20 mA, it will read 20000.

You would read the tag corresponding to the slot and channel for your I/O card. The analog input value for an analog input module in slot 4 of the local rack would be in the tag:

Local:4:I.Ch1Data

Depending on how you have your card configured, you will have to apply some scaling factors to get that value into real world units. For example, I have my analog card set up as 4-20mA, engineering units. At 4 mA, it will read 4000 and at 20 mA, it will read 20000.

Thanks, I know how to monitor the Tag and how to configure the Input.
In my example I set the Input Ch#1 to 0-5V which represent the motor speed feed back I would like to set Alarm Lamp when the Speed reaches 4.5 out of 5.
Your response much appreciated.