Siemens Wincc flex pack and go problem

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi I am trying to pack and go a project for the first time. I have a set of MP terminals in spain and need to send files to the commisioning engineer

1 shows WinCC Version
2 shows transfer dialog box
3 shows my error

Am I being stupid or is this a bug?

I may have to DHL a laptop to him if this doesnt work.

I thought I could back these onto a SD card and restore on the terminal but it isnt an option on Pack & Go

Cheers

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Hi I am trying to pack and go a project for the first time. I have a set of MP terminals in spain and need to send files to the commisioning engineer

1 shows WinCC Version
2 shows transfer dialog box
3 shows my error

Am I being stupid or is this a bug?

I may have to DHL a laptop to him if this doesnt work.

I thought I could back these onto a SD card and restore on the terminal but it isnt an option on Pack & Go

Cheers
Not sure, this may be a stupid answer but you have to be on-line to pack & go from what the errors show.

Dont think so see the attached PDF from Siemens

The intention is to be able to send a file to a remote person who hasnt got the software

[FONT=T3Font_0][FONT=T3Font_0]
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]​

[FONT=T3Font_0][FONT=T3Font_0]The relevant hardware conditions are fulfiled on the Transfer PC depending on the transfer.

A requirement, from the pdf.
Can you go on-line with the OP?
If yes, pack & go should work.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

It works for me with the same settings, except that I do not use the STEP7 project directory. Do not use the STEP7 project directory, but some other independent location. But I am not sure if that has to do with your problem.
You do not have to be online with the panel, but maybe S7ONLINE must be set to TCP/IP(Auto) to macth the transfer setting.

Confused

I dont have a panel here.... is that the issue? I thought the idea was to be able to generate files without the need of a local panel so you could send them to a remote panel

Jesper , Thanks but I already tried an alternative folder before I first posted

Is there any other alternative method for emailing a project and a remote user can store it to the panel, say using a SD card?

S7ONLINE... do you mean the control panel tool for selecting the comms option?

Thanks

It should work. I have done it with an MP277 KEY, and I was not online when I generated the Pack and Go file.
Maybe it is some other issue with your PC. Can you try on another PC ?

There are two other ways:
1. If you have a similar panel at hand, then transfer to that panel, and use the Bacup/Restore on the panel to save to an MMC card. Then send an image of the MMC card by mail, and reverse the steps at the other location.
2. Or, again of you have a similar panel at hand, transfer to the panel, and use Prosave to make a .psb image file. Send the .psb file by mail and reverse the steps at the other end. If the firmware version is different, it may be necessary to perform an OS update, which can also be done with Prosave.

Update

Hi
I still couldnt get it to work. I have sent my laptop via courier which is great nuisance.

It seems that WinCC Flex tries to download to a panel even though I have pack & go ticked..maybe it is a bug