Redlion G3 - Images

Marc_U

Lifetime Supporting Member
We looking to use Redlion G3 series HMIs for our hydro-electric control panels, instead of the A-B Panelview 550, which was our current standard.

But have a query concerning 'images' on the HMI.

We are considering creating an image of the turbine, which can be in jpeg, or similar format, and pasting like a wallpaper on a page, and then position the various variable readings on top, at the appriorate locations.

But when I quickly tried insert image with a jpeg file, there was a large black border, placed around it, and in 'image properties' the "adjust" is greyed out.:confused:

Is there anyway to get round/resolve this?
🤞🏻

The only way I've managed to get this working on our units before is to use BMP files not JPG's, then its fine and will size without the black border.

OK, I have tried that, but now when I use a bmp file, it is transposing (swapping) the image left-hand-side, with the right-hand-side.
🔨

The only way I can get it to do that is, when on the image properties use the adjust button next to the image then you can mirror the image.

It is not that simple.

It is as if the image has been cut in half, and the half that should be on the left, is now on the right, and right-hand half is now on the left.

It is very strange.

This is the sample image that I am using (see attached).

We will probably use a different image, in the final job, but this one was available, to practice with, to see how easy it would be to do.

I'm currently using Crimson 2.0, to program a G315.

What is the difference between Crimson 2.0 & Crimson 3.0?
And is it possible to have both versions on the same computer?

Marc_U

The issue seems to be with the bit resolution of the image. I have changed the resolution of the image and it now seems to work as you want. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
Jeremy

Turgo sectionv3MC-24.jpg

What is the difference between Crimson 2.0 & Crimson 3.0?
And is it possible to have both versions on the same computer?

Major differences, superb in fact.

Check it out here and PM RL to get the download

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=51173

Yes C2 and C3 work on the same machine

Not sure if C3 will program a G315 unless its got new hardward (again post in the above thread and RL will let you know)