1769-L32E search

DeepSIX

Hi All,
When ever I use this processor and I do a find all in the results window it will show all the routines from the program.
Eventhough they have no results. Why is that on this cpu?
Other cpu will only show the routines with results.

Any way to turn that off.

Thanks

Don't know of a way to turn that off. It is not unique to the CompactLogix as it does this for all Logix5000. However, the PLC-5 and SLC 500 software did not act like this.

As mentioned, I also prefer the cross-reference feature. In RSLogix 5/500 the Find was useful and the cross-reference not as much. In the RSLogix5000 software, things are reversed.

OG

Thanks for the replies, I do use the x-reference I just like the search function as the window is on top and I find it quicker to search through. It has been a few years since I used a control logix cpu so I can't remember the search results. But I do know that a 1768-L45 compact cpu only displays the results.

You can use F4 to cycle through the hits in the results window. Each press of F4 takes you to the next "find" or error if it is displaying results of a validate. No need to scroll through all the unneeded fluff in the window. It would be nice if Rockwell would change the results window to only display relevent information.

And...the CPU is irrelevant. It is the revision of software that makes the difference.

OG

OMG OG your right I looked at all my CPUs and found if it was rev 16 or higher it was not full of the fluff. But on one with rev 15.xx it was there.

Thanks for the bright light.

I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving.