Siemens works only after opening licence manager.

rigicon

Hello forum,
Question about Automation manager for Siemens. I upgraded to Automation manager 4.0 SP2. I use to just click the simatic icon and it would load up. Now it gives me an error saying can't find a valid licence. If I open up Automation licence manager minimize then run siemens it works. Is this a new thing or is the install faulty?
here's a screen shot of Automation manager.
Annoying but still works. Must be a solution....o_O
moz-screenshot.png

AM.JPG

Oops someone else has had the same problem LINK
So it seems I must roll back to Automation manager 3.
Or has siemens sorted the problem?

I also ran into the same issue. The problem is when you use 4.0 you must enable the manger service. This is done thru your control panel. Once you have the Siemenas Licence manager starting and running as a service 4.0 works fine.

Clay B, I checked it is running as a service and it is started. From power on - I run automation manager then close it everything works. From power on - service is running not working until I run automation manager once then it all works.
When you say through your control panel do you mean computer , manage then services or should i make the program start up from power up.