Siemens S7 Teleservice

BNA

Hi'

I am having some problems connecting to my Plc by siemens teleservice.

At the Plc i have a Zyxel omni 56K modem connected to at standart PC adapter, and i would like to connect from my laptop with a nokia 6310i.

I can see that there is connection to the PC adapter (the green lamps are flashing) but nothing happens.

Is the GSM phone my problem or what ????

Regards

BNA

Hi there,

For the teleservice you should use a TS-adapter in stead of the PC-adapter.

See info of Siemens.

Various components are required depending on the TeleService function.

For remote maintenance:

TeleService engineering software
1 modem each on the PG/PC and plant sides, Hayes-compatible
TS adapter, on plant side between modem and controller
Modem cable for connection between PG/PC and modem
Modem cable for connection between TS adapter and modem
Optional zero modem cable for direct connection and parameterization of the TS adapter
Optionally required plug (e.g. 9-pin/25-pin)

For PG-PLC remote coupling, in addition to the components for remote maintenance:

PRODAVE MPI V5.0 or later for PG/PC;
Toolbox for process data traffic between SIMATIC S7/C7 for automatic handling of data transfer
Function block "PG_DIAL" (included in delivery) for the controller

For PLC-PLC remote coupling, in addition to the components for remote maintenance:

TS adapter for the second controller
Function block "AS_DIAL" (included in delivery) for the controllers

For sending SMS:

TeleService engineering software
1 GSM radio modem at the plant end, Hayes-compatible
TS adapter, on plant side between modem and controller
Modem cable for connection between TS adapter and modem
Optional zero modem cable for direct connection and parameterization of the TS adapter
Optionally required plug (e.g. 9-pin/25-pin)

5000484.jpg

Thank you for your reply.

I must say a very good explanation.

Just to correct my errors in the first question, i have the Teleservice software and the TS adaptor. (I don't know why i wrote PC adapter.)

So what i can see from your reply, my problem is the connection from my pc to the pc modem, i think the modem in my cellphone is the bug ! or what.

Regards

BNA

Hej!
Have the manual but it's 430 kb big so I can't send it here(send e-mail address then I can send the manual).
Have you programmed the TS unit ?
You have to give bus profile, password ,speed, modem type etc.
Some modems need a initialization string eg. us robotics needs standard is &F have to be changed to &F1.

Have used TS with modem and no problem.
First if you are beside the PLC connect the cable to the TS and to the PLC, then try to get the communication to work (direct comm settings in TS).