connect problem

wayne

I have a micrologix 1500 and a panelview 600. I am trying to connect using a 1747-AIC converter on a DH 485 net. I only can see the processor but not the PV600.I managed to download my program to the
micro 1500 but when I went to go online I lose communication and have to auto configure . But still lose comm. everytime I try to go online.
Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

Many things can be wrong, and most ofter are!

I have a micrologix 1500 and a panelview 600. I am trying to connect using a 1747-AIC converter on a DH 485 net.

I presume two things are true in your system. One is that you have a Panelview 600 that is DH-485 compatible. Two, that you have an AIC module for the panel view just as you do for your processor. The job of the AIC module is to provide connectivity to the DH-485 network and there has to be one at each item connected to the network. Or, there must be an AIC interface in the Panelview 600. Check your hardware and see if your network is constructed correctly.

I have the micro 1500 connected to the round din connector on the AIC
My laptop to the 9 pin serial port and the PV600 to the remaining port using the manufacturer recommended cable.

Very likely what's going on is that you are mixing up DF1 Full Duplex and DH485 protocols. The MicroLogix 1500 can do both, but the PanelView (if it is the one with the modular RJ-45 jacks on it) can use only DH485 protocol. That's what you want if you intend to be able to access the PanelView and the MicroLogix simultanously from your PC plugged into the 1761-NET-AIC you described.

You have to set both the MicroLogix 1500 serial port and your RSLinx driver to DH485 protocol after you've made the initial download to the MicroLogix with DF1 Full Duplex protocol.

In RSLogix 500, go to the Channel Configuration and set the MicroLogix 1500 communication channel to DH485 protocol. If you have a two-port MicroLogix 1500 1764-LRP, of course set up the port that is connected to the 1761-NET-AIC. On the 1764-LRP, the round port is Channel 0, and the 9-pin D-shell is Channel 1.

In RSLinx, shut down the DF1 Full Duplex driver and configure at "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver. That should allow you to browse both the MicroLogix and PanelView.

Wayne, when you say on the remaining port, you use the 'Manufacturer reccomended cable', is that a 9-pin D-Shell connector for the 485 link on the panelview?

If indeed it is the 9Pin connector, you need to check carefully the AIC manuals. Buried somewhere in there is a note about connecting PV-550's, that indicate that one wire on the D connector must be cut. If it isn't you will have exactly the symptoms you described.

I wish I could tell you which wire, but it's buried enough that I can't put my finger on it right now.

Good luck