slc 5/04

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys
is it possible to connect to a ab slc5/04 processors rs232 port whan the port is set up for a dh485 with a 1747-uic converter?
What cable do i need from the processor to the 1747-uic? is it a 1746-cp3
if so what how do i set it up in rslinx??
thank you

GIT,

You're seeing the SLC-5/04 twice in your browse; once when you go directly to it, then once when you browse through it to the DH+ port and onto the DH+ network.

Point any RSLinx client (RSLogix, RSView, OPC) to the first appearance of the controller in the browse.

here is a procedure I had wrote to connect to something similar

[FONT=&quot]disconnect the panelview from the processor and connect your null modem db9 cable to the processor. Go into the configure driver section of rslinx and stop, then delete any serial driver that is listed. Go to add new and then select the 1747-pic/aic driver. You shouldn’t have to do any configuration of the driver, just leave it to the default settings. Open up the logic and go to the system comms in rslogix 500 and then hit the plus to drill down the devices on the pic/aic driver. You will then see the processor and a plus next to it. Do not drill down on the processor, just hit the go online button on the right side of the screen. It will not work if you drill down[/FONT]

here is a procedure I had wrote to connect to something similar

[FONT=&quot]..... Go to add new and then select the 1747-pic/aic driver. .....[/FONT]

They are using a 1747-UIC, not a 1747-PIC, the PIC driver will not work with a UIC

They are using a 1747-UIC, not a 1747-PIC, the PIC driver will not work with a UIC

you dont need the special cable this way. just a regular null modem cable. I know it sounds crazy but it works. I guarantee you. I thought I had found that solution on here but maybe not. I did find a post on a different forum stating what I just stated.

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=4642

If CH 0 is configured for DH-485, and you can disconnect the PanelView long enough to do what you need to do with the program, you can connect your pc to CH 0 using a null modem cable (1747-CP3) and configuring the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx. You will have to stop any DF1 drivers you already have configured in Linx to configure the PIC driver. If you are not able to disconnect the PV from CH 0, your only option is to install a 1784-PCMK DH+ card in your laptop so you can connect to CH 1.

Last edited: