rslinx

quebmaint

Hi all I am having problems with linx when ever I try to install a pic I am getting a fatal error popping up and cannot get the pic in run mode. Also I have noticed when configuring a rs232 linx says comm1 is already active. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it is not working. we have version 2.54.00.11. Also when installing the pic i am sure to make sure linx is not running as a service. Any suggestions on what is going wrong?

That is not a stupid question, sp3 is service pack 3. Right click "My Computer, select properties, if you see service pack 3 under system then the pic will not work.

Does that help?

we have service pack 3 how else can i configure rs 232 and pic the app. I have is a 1500 and a panel view with a aic+

Here is what Rockwell says"
"SP3 is not supported by Rockwell Software at the moment. For now the only cure is to uninstall Service Pack 3 and stay with SP2."

For me, I have a VM Image that is SP2 and use that for cases like that. VM's are very useful. I would suggest that you try and acquire VM software. That's the best I can suggest... sorry.

thanks alot for the help all though there is nothing I can do tonight with the project other than wait for the I.T. guy in the morning

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Also, it was a lucky guess. I have been down that path too. One day I was using the PIC driver, the next day it wouldn't work. It took a little digging to finally find the solution. Unfortunately, SP3 had to go.