Magelis Problems

Soggy Canuck

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a TSX CFY11 talking to a XBT FC022310. The Touch Screen is showing a fault that lists as follows.

APPLICATION ERROR 1494
CS. 0x210 EIP 0xB

The touchscreen is not communicating with the PLC and if I swap out to an identical touchscreen from another unit it works fine.

I have zero experience with Schneider/Modicon but a little googling has led me to beleive that a) This touchscreen is obsolete, and b) the software used to program it has been superseded by a newer product.

Question 1: Does anyone recognize this error code, and is it recoverable?

Question 2: Is there anyone in North America that could repair this touchscreen if the fault is nonrecoverable.

Question 3: Does anyone know where on Schneider's website one could download the manual for this series of TS's (I found the manual for the replacement XBT-GT but I am guessing that I would need the manual in order to sort out the reset procedure[assuming there is one:smas:])

PS: I occasionally get the following error as well

APPLICATION FATAL ERROR 203

Followed by

WAITING FOR XBT-L1000

For those who are interested.... The problem was finaly traced to a failing memory card. Temporarily solved the problem by downloading the files off of the card, reformatting the card and reinstalling the files back onto the card. Customer is deciding whether or not to replace the touchscreen or to replace the offending memory card.

Lots of these older MAgelis HMIs are in service. Just a note, when upgrading to the newer replacements, though the mounting format is identical, the the newer s/w is not able to import the older L1000 panels and the application has to be re-created from scratch.