Protool error when opening file

rigicon

Hi,
I have Protools V6 SP3 when I open a file I get an error. ???
If I open it in winCC it wants to convert it. All I wanted to do was change some text and then download it back to the HMI.
Does anyone have any suggestions ???:(

Protool.JPG

I have just opened it without problem in my Protool 6.0 SP2.
It uses the S7-300/400 driver.
The name "PRO___00.PDB" hints that it was once from a project integrated in STEP7. Try to check that your Protool is set to "not integrated".

After re-reading your post, I believe now that you have just copied the OP directory of an integrated project. That is not a good idea.
So yes, you would have to post your entire STEP7 project.

Do you want to make the change in Protool or WinCC Flex ?
WinCC Flex can import and convert an OP17, but it cannot be used for programming an OP17. You must stay in Protool if you want to keep the OP17.

Thank you JesperMP. Attached is the whole project.
I want to change some text and put it back into the OP17 so I need to stay in Protool.
I right clicked the project in simatic manager and it said Protools V2 was missing not installed I told it to execute and I am still waiting looks like it has hung on 3% going to have to stop it.
Protools has integrate with S7 greyed out? Should I re install Protools.

Exceeds limit 597k not 350k have to split it.

Done it again using simatic archive 2 files.
The second one "Pm7_v2_0_1.z01" i have to rename to "Pm7_v2_0_1.z01.zip" so it is in the correct format or I can't upload an unknown file format. Could you rename it to "Pm7_v2_0_1.z01" after downloading.

Here is part1

This time it opens OK.
That tells that your protool installation is messed up somehow.

Another thing I noticed is that the online connection is to "slot 0" which is impossible as the S7-300 CPU is always "slot 2". Not sure if it is actually relevant when you have an online connection to the correct MPI station address.
See screenshot of as it was in the unaltered project, and the second screenshot with way I would have done it. It may not be important if the OP17 runs as it should, just thought I would mention it of you run into problems later.

rigicon_1.GIF rigicon_2.GIF

I have searched for that error message "protool error converting OID 5 ..". It means the the Protool version in the project is later than your Protool version. Since you have the latest that was ever made, and I can open it with my 6.0 SP2, it makes no sense.

Try to totally deinstall Protool (http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/18697689) and install again.

Someone has mentioned that maybe WinXP SP3 is to blame. What is your OS ?

Better still running win 7 but using protool in virtual windows xp mode and I think it is SP3 explains everything. Thank you for your help JesperMP I will let you know how it pans out or I'll install it on my old laptop with native XP.

Sorted out now Thank you JesperMP for testing the files as soon as you said you could open them I knew my installtion was amuck.
Ended up installing simatic manager and protools as a package in windows XP virtual mode. This is for the older programs and I have Simatic manager & WinCC installed in Win7 for the new programs. Double simatic manager installation but it works. For the record I got protools working in Win7 but it wouldn't integrate with simatic manager as I had to run Protools in Win XP compatibility mode.