HMI PLC Solution

marwanco

Hi All,
I'm in search of simple , economic solution for PLC+HMI
PlC choices are Siemens S7-200 226 model, or AB Micrologix 1500.

If I want to find matching HMI 5.7" Screen (touch screen not required), color (at least 16) capable of simple vector animation.
Required Sofware to programe the screen, price is a factor.
Something free would be nice.
Cable, or Ethernet port for download the program.
I saw people using ProFace, how reliable is it?

What will you suggest,
If required I can switch PLC for another brand.

Thanks you for reading

I have to mention that both S7-200 and ML1500 are "yesterdays" PLCs.
Since you are free to choose, I would not select any of the two for something that has to stretch for many years into the future.

For Siemens, there is the new S7-1200 plus matching "basic" panels. However, in another thread was mentioned that the basic panels had a long backlog at the moment.

For AB, there is the ML1400 plus matching "panelview component" panels.

If those are the two choices, I'm assuming you are setup with SLC500 software and MicroWin32 software so I won't try and talk you into a different PLC.

A couple of nice operator interfaces to check out would be RedLion's product line
G308K.JPG
which has lots of models of various sizes and a very easy programming software package that is free to download. They have great tech support/sales support as well.

You can also look at Maple Systems, a buddy of mine has used many of these in Municipal water supply system for a few years and loves them. They are very inexpensive, and I think the software comes with them as well. YMMV.

Good luck.