Siemens WinLC not downloading blocks to PC

lakesidebc

Good morning fellows,

I have a nice new Siemens 19" Combo Unit IPC477 with WinLC and WinCC flex on embedded XP. I can successfully download to the PC from my desktop via Step7 and Ethernet. BUT! My blocks aren't downloading. :eek: Configuration downloads (Hardware, Network) but no blocks, in fact there is just an empty Step7 folder when I go "online" with Step7.

722753697_zqJNP-L.jpg

My Station Configuration (whats the little Pencil on the ICON mean? Editable? WinLC won't go into RUN because the I/O is disconnected (I think).
722753708_iYRCT-M.jpg

Has anyone run across this before? This is my first time working with one of these from scratch, I'm sure there's a setting I have missed.

722743094_G29jV-L.jpg

The versions for all the software packages match (V4.5 for WinLC), and I'm on Step7 V5.4 SP5.

I have Profinet I/O which is not currently attached to the PC.

My last download yields these items in the diagnostic report on the WinLC CPU.

722761154_QruFm-L.jpg

Admin: this is not a PC Control debate, please delete any repsonses that don't address the question. I can provide more screenshots, or answer any questions happily.

If someone is a real expert at this, load Teamviewer onto your PC and I'll show you the system live. Thanks in advance.

How do you know the hardware config is loading? It seems if your hardware was connected and the config was loaded you would not have the faults in WinLC.

I think that you need to have your programming PC included in the STEP7 project, either as a "PC Station" or as a "PG/PC".
And then I think you have to do a renewed download from maybe both NetPro and STEP7 HW Config. This because the complete path from your PC to the WinLC must be "known" by all parts in the system.
And to connect to a system with Simatic Net involved, do you have both your programming PC and the IPC477 exactly as they appear in the project. For example the PCs Names must match what they are called in the project.

Then again, I have newer actually tried WinLC myself.

Since there are no error-OBs in the CPU, it will stop for even the slightest problem.

Thanks for the prompt replies Charles & Jesper. I tried some of your suggestions. No worky. I had my local Siemens distributor's Technical Guy come by today and help me out. We got it solved, it's kinda wierd I guess.

There is two network adapters, and one is used as the Submodule of the WinLC, and the other was to be used as the PG interface essentially. Which is how I had it, except backwards. We swapped the two devices and it worked...

Other than that, there was nothing wrong configuration wise.

FWIW, I did try adding a PG/PC to the config, heck I tried a lot of stuff. I'd like to wipe the whole lot and try it again from scratch, but the deadline on this project is looming...

Other than this hiccup, though, this has been an awesome platform to develop on! Very pleased with the Step7 and WinCC flex combination.

Thanks for the feedback.
So you physically swapped the ethernet port, and then it was OK ? I have heard that the ports are different.

I think it is interesting with the new IPC's and WinLC based "PLCs". It is probably the way things will go.
Come back later and tell us how everything works out.

The 2 ports could be identified by MAC address, so I just just used the "other" port in each of the two spots in the configuration.

The WinLC/WinCCFlex is a sweet combo, and I wouldn't prefer to develop on anything else at this point. I have a small process plant application running with about 40 Analog, 100 discrete, dozen PID loops, dozen frequency drives, lots of animation on the HMI. The WinLC cycle time is ~1.0 msec.

Sadly this project will be done by the weekend, then back to the stone adze and wax tablets for the next project: SLC5/05. At least it will have a Red Lion screen!
Caveman3.gif
asislc.jpg