PLC project

plcTommy

Hi, I'm doing a PLC project at college and no better place to get info,tips or advise than here! The project is a PLC water feature, nothing overboard as i'm a bit of a novice when it comes to PLC's, but want to make it interesting. Has anyone attempted something like this before? And which PLC would suit? I have been looking around the internet, and the more i look, more confused i get.

I am assuming that a "water feature" means a fountain of some sort with solenoid valves that open and close?

About any PLC can handle that type of application, as long as the solenoids are within the current rating of the PLC outputs (or isolated with interposing relays).

You may want to look into the new click PLC from automation direct since they're so inexpensive and the software's free.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc...Series_PLCs_(Stackable_Micro_Brick)/PLC_Units