Quantum PLC to Quantum PLC comms

pauly

Could any one suggest the best way of transfering data between two Quantum PLC's? I have an existing Quantum which acts as a master to some remote I/O via Modbus TCP/IP and apparently there will be a second PLC which I need to share information with. Could this be done with I/O scanning? I'm a little confused as there will be two masters on the system.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Could any one suggest the best way of transfering data between two Quantum PLC's? I have an existing Quantum which acts as a master to some remote I/O via Modbus TCP/IP and apparently there will be a second PLC which I need to share information with. Could this be done with I/O scanning? I'm a little confused as there will be two masters on the system.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Yup, I/O scanning is your best choice, not quite sure about your exact setup but if PLC1 is the one that the I/O is connected to it could write this status to PLC2 using I/O scanning very easily.

You can easily accomplish it with the Ethernet I/O scanner setup on an NOE communication module. You need to communicate the information in Word form though.