logixpro bottle line sim

jturner911

i am trying to get the LED to work independent of each other
i can get one working by using an imput to increment a counter and the output latch enable to the correct LED
then i use the counter's acc. value as the source in a TOD instruction with the destination as O:4
all four LEDs use O:4 but the latch for each one is different
my problem:
i can't get the LEDs to increment seperate values
please help
thanks

the four leds that are located to the right of the bcd selector wheels
if you son't see them you need to download the lastest version
thanks

Intepretation!

I do have the latest download and I did see the thumbwheel switches but there are no LEDs there at all. On the other hand, there are digital readouts if that is what you were calling LEDs. LEDs are single light emitting diodes and some digital displays can be made with LEDs but are not made with a single LED. So, if you want to send data to the O:4 output there also note that there is a mux bit associated with each readout. You have to strobe the specific mux bit at the same time that the data is ready for a readout. This is the way a lot of displays are handled and driven from one set of outputs on real PLCs. Set up the data for transfer, strobe the mux bit and send the data while the strobe bit is high. The coding is not very difficult so give it a shot. BTW, mux is an abbreviation for multiplex in case you are not sure of its meaning.

mux bit indeed!

I don't mean to be difficult here but if you are not sure what a mux bit is and how to find/use it, this sim is probably a little over your head. Now, if for instance you need to write data to the output word O:4 for the small bottles readout, you have to energize the output bit O:2/11 with an OTE instruction while you are writing that data. If you hover your cursor over the readouts you will see they all have a mux bit that you must use to write to the proper one and the O:2/x bit is the way this is done in this sim. If I were you, I would go back to thelearningpit.com and download the student labs and start at the beginning and move up to the bottling line.

i have done that
i am now on the bottle sim
and don't understand the mux the only thing i seen is a dcd
which i can't find in logix pro
i am using the cracked bottle sensor as an input to energize o:2/11 and a counter "c5:0" and i am using a TOD with the source as the counters acc value and the destination as o:4
what am i missing
a sample ladder diagram would be very helpful
thanks again

Oh to be in your shoes

I am sure a sample ladder diagram would be helpful and if I had one I might even send it to you but then what fun would that be. Part of the excitement of doing this is the adventure of being stuck and finding your own way out. I have been there many times, but always stayed with it till I got the problem solved. You don't learn much if someone else does the work for you. SO, hang in there and don't give up so easily!