power supply problem

spanky

I have fanuc 90-30 plc. On several occasions I get no power lights on the front of the power supply of the plc with appropriate input voltage being supplied. The previous occasion the equipment sat idle over the weekend. Upon monday morning the plc was up and running. Could the power supply on the plc rack be defective or possible internal thermal switch within the power supply.

I'm not aware of any thermal cutout in the 90-30 power supply, but there is a fuse on the incoming line. If that's loose in the holder or the filament inside the fuse is loose, it could cause the problem you're seeing.

The "PWR" LED on the power supply is an indication that power is present to the module.

We have also had this problem with a GE 90-30 power supply with the fuse coming loose. I have found that the power supply does not do very well in a location with vibration such as on a machine. We have also had problems with a capacitors breaking in the power supply. Is your Ge 90-30 in a location with vibration?🤾