rs linx lite upgrade

irondesk40

I have just finished reinstalling my ab software and I did not choose to install rslinx off the cd. I was having a problem with rslogix 500 plc programming software but linx was working fine so decided at that time to just leave it like it was.

Now that i have everything back working, i noticed on the software download site at AB, there is now a version 2.55.00
The version i have is 2.50.00.20

I am thinking about downloading the latest since we are going to possiblily do some projects using the new micro 1400 plc.

Could someone who has done this tell me if the proper way to do this is going into the add/remove programs section of the control panel and have it uninstall, or if after you download the update and attempt to run it, will it reconize that you already have a older version installed and then let you select to have it uninstall it, before the new version is installed.

Thanks