Adding Symbols to Symbol Factory

matthew09

Hi, I'm interested in adding my own symbols to Symbol Factory 2.0. I have read the Help file which indicates i can do this a number of ways. For example, i can import a graphics file by selecting "Import Symbol..." from the "File" menu. Only catch is, the only option the File menu provides is Exit. This is the same with other sections in the Help file... the options it describes just aren't available. What am i missing?

Is this an 'embedded' version? That is, is it included with someone's HMI development software? I have only been able to do this with a licensed full version of Symbol Factory. I think some vendors license a stripped-down version for their hmi development packages.

It is the version packed with Crimson 2.0.

I found that you need to modify SymFac\SymFac1.ini and set KioskMode (under Configuration) to 0. I can't see where this is mentioned in any documentation.

Thanks for posting that file mod to get symbol factory to allow imports in Crimson.
Struggled all day trying to add a customer logo on a screen for a sales pitch I am doing Monday.
Like the Red Lion HMIs but they do have some drawbacks like this!

You can import the picture without having to put it in Symbold Factory. Just browse for the file from the image primitive, and you're done.

Thanks Mike
That works great (and you can use a jpg)

Don't know why I couldn't find that myself!

It is any way to create custom symbols for Crisom 3 and then add it in the symbol libray?

There is no way to add symbols to the library in C3. You can import a picture using the method that mike mentioned earlier in this thread.

Thanks
Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy.
I was afraid that this will be the answer.
The only draw back to this solution is the image background.
If different customers want different background then I need to do a library for each.
It is any background color that can be interpreted as transparent?

Also in the Demo for Crisom 3 is a primitive called: "Animated Image" that has an "Action" tab on Properties. If I try to create a new Animated Image it does not shows the Action tab anymore. Do you know why?

Thank you for help.

Thank you Jeremy.
I was afraid that this will be the answer.
The only draw back to this solution is the image background.
If different customers want different background then I need to do a library for each.
It is any background color that can be interpreted as transparent?

Also in the Demo for Crisom 3 is a primitive called: "Animated Image" that has an "Action" tab on Properties. If I try to create a new Animated Image it does not shows the Action tab anymore. Do you know why?

Thank you for help.

Right Mouse Click on the Image and choose Add Action.

And, after you add an action, assign an action on that tab. If you aren't ready to fill in the blanks, just choose Hide Popup or Play Tune and choose a song. I have done that before copying and pasting objects just so an action exists. I found that I can't copy and paste special > action unless there was already an action assigned.

If you don't assign a valid action, that tab will disappear once you close and re-open the properties of the object.