Earthing

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi.
Does anyone know the name of the tool that is designed to cut a neat round section of paint of a switchboard for the earth lug to fit. I have seen them once, looks like a solid holesaw but I cannot think of what they are called or who makes them.
Regards Alan Case

If it uses a hole as a pilot, might you be thinking of a counterbore? I've used it before to spotface through paint as you describe.
0886208-11.jpg

Rittal

SM 2414.500 Contact cutter for earthing bolt
SM 2414.000 Contact cutter for frame section

2414.x00.jpg

Rittal

SM 2414.500 Contact cutter for earthing bolt
SM 2414.000 Contact cutter for frame section

Amazing :geek:, you learn something new every day!!!

I have never seen these in the rittal catalogue, will be ordering some soon me thinks!