PanelView Plus - Recipe Plus

gocanna

Equipment:
Large Mechanical Press
SLC5/05
Redundant SLC5/03
PanelView Plus 1250

Due to the death of a PanelView 1000, we recently replaced our old screen with a PanelView Plus 1250. In doing so we also changed the processor from a SLC5/03 to a SLC5/05 for ethernet capability, there were also a number of changes that were made to the layout and flow of the HMI. We also made a large number of changes to the PLC program to add new functionality, and try to improve the clearity and flow of the program. Part of the program changes was to remove the job storage data from the PLC to the HMI. This was done mainly to improve the capacity of job storage on the press. All of this went relatively well with some minor glitches that were discovered and worked out over a few days. My only issue now is that I find it fairly easy to overwrite job storage information if the person saving the data is not careful (Obviously when making changes to program variables stored for each job, one should be careful. My problem is that I am trying to fool proof the current setup.). In order to save the recipe data one must select the appropriate recipe from the selector list and press the save button. I know this sounds very simple but what I was looking to do was to eliminate the need to select the recipe from the list. If the wrong recipe is selected then the save button will replace all of the information in the selected recipe with the current settings. I was trying to find a way to save information directly to the recipe that was last loaded. From what I have read and searched I could not find a way to do this with the RecipePlus controls. Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

o_O