COROS OP5 to OP77A

HenkieD

One of my customers asked me to come up with an alternative for his old OP5.
I think the closest these days must be the OP77A. That's easy.
My question...
Is it possible to make an upload with comtext to define the DB points used for the parameters as shown on the OP?
If so, what cable do you need and where can you (still) get that comtext package?

Thanks
Henk

One of my customers asked me to come up with an alternative for his old OP5.
I think the closest these days must be the OP77A. That's easy.
Henk

It may not be quite that simple.

The OP77A will only speak to S7200/300/400. If you want to speak to S5 then you will need the OP77B. If you want to speak to S5 via AS511 then you need an RS232-TTY convertor and I think you will need to modify the PLC code (never tried it). If you want to speak to S5 via Profibus then you need to modify the profibus configuration and you will need to modify the PLC code.

In the download section of the website you will find very useful "How To" written by JesperMP on the topic of converting OPs, you will also find a copy of ComText.

Nick