Schneider System

rigicon

Hi, Yet again a new system to learn from the beginning. Each customer always wants there particular brand of PLC. This new customer wants schneider. Downloaded the Twido software.
Here is the question - I have
1 x PLC TWDLCDE40DRF
7 x VFD's ATV312HV75N4
1 x HMI XBTG2220

I want to connect the plc via comms to the VFD's.
I had the PLC as master MODBUS then each VFD as slaves and the HMI as a slave. Then I wasn't sure the HMI would be a slave.
The PLC has 1 ethernet port which I was going to use for programming and a 485 for canopen or modbus there is a option for another 485 port. Should I use canopen or modbus?
Should I get the option and have 2 485 networks one for VFD's and the other for the HMI.
Any help would be much appreciated.🍻

You might also consider adding a switch to support programming and the HMI. I'm currently finishing up a Schneider system and the HMI works much better on ethernet verses any serial connection; in fact its painfully slow if you don't use ethernet.

Thanks that makes sense wasn't sure if the HMI had a ethernet port. Haven't received the bits yet. If it does I think you are 100% right.
I'll have the HMI connected to a switch with the PLC and the PC(programmer) and I'll use the 485 for the VFD's what protocol do you recommend Canopen or Modbus. I was leaning towards Modbus.