Please help simatic programme

Kelan

Hello I am currently trying to write a programme in simatic to calculate volume in a elliptical cone is there anyone that could help me with this I know the formula for the volume but I am getting confused with the use of components in the simatic to input this

Post a skeleton function with the inputs you require, the output and the formula. I'll fill in the middle bit.

Unfortunatley i don't have access to simatic at the moment what I am using is ob1 with fc1 insert inputs are diameter and height of cone in integer and height_counts mw40 with output of fc1 volume md41 the formula is
(pi x d^2 x h)/6 thanks

Can you clarify the units for diameter, height and volume.

Here's a function that does the calculation using metres for the units.

Code:
FUNCTION FC 2 : REAL
TITLE =
VERSION : 0.1

VAR_INPUT
  rHeightInMetres : REAL ;    
  rDiameterInMetres : REAL ;    
END_VAR
BEGIN
NETWORK
TITLE =

L     #rDiameterInMetres; 
      L     #rDiameterInMetres; 
      *R    ; 
      L     #rHeightInMetres; 
      *R    ; 
      L     3.141593e+000; 
      *R    ; 
      L     6.000000e+000; 
      /R    ; 
      T     #RET_VAL; 

END_FUNCTION

Last edited:
Meters is perfect thank you very much but how can this function be put into simatic in simatic it has always been ladder that I have used pardon my ignorance