Redlion RS 232 Comms problems

mjoubert

I am having a problem with one of my machines. I keep getting comm errors from the Omron PLC. We are getting ~20mV noise between the PLC DB9 sheild and the RJ12 pin 3/4 (common). When I join them the comms error occurs less frequently. What can I do to resolve this problem?

It is possible that noise is the culprit, but it may have to do with the code. I see that you are running an older build of C2 (665 is the firmware revision from build 475), which had some issues. I would recommend upgrading to the latest build, which may resolve the GMC you are receiving.

Regards,
Dan

Similar Topics

Hello, I man trying to use a redlion DA10 converter to read data from a Bronkhorst mini cori flow meter over rs232. I cant seem to get the...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, Does anyone have written a program for G3's or can share some wisdom on how to talk Serially and get data from an ASCII device in...
Replies
Views
Good morning and new to the forum. Attempting to configure a RedLion CU30D using it's RS-232 port to log the input stream. "Raw" ASCII data is...
Replies
Views
I want my HMI G07S sending data to both serial port RS232 and RS422 at same time, is it possible? if not, how can I switch the port...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Actually I am sending a character from my DSP processor to my hmi (REDLION ) with voltage levels +5v and -5v ( I checked my voltage...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom