SLC 500 T/C n RTD card

St Bubba

Need a little bit of help on this one guys.

I have bearing temp sensors (T/C probes) on alot of our conveyors and looking to convert all of our conveyors to these. We never know what the exact temp is on our bearings, we just know when they get to hot. I want to get a value on our PLC, and believe I need on of these cards in order to do this. Doers anyone know where I can find one of these, or at least some info on them.

Thanks a bunch guys.

Contact your local AB distributor to get a card.

Catalog info for the SLC500 cards can be found on AB's website http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/2416247/1239758/2554063/tab5.html

If you have device-net on your SLC system and you need to do a lot of points then you might consider using Beckhoff IO with a device-net bus adaptor, it may be considerably less expensive and Beckhoff IO plays well with AB PLCs.

As for whether to choose T/C or RTD: RTDs are more accurate than T/Cs. RTDs don't have the range of may T/Cs, but the range will be fine for normal bearings. RTDs cost more, but T/Cs require the use of special alloy wire while RTDs use ordinary copper, which can drive up the cost of T/Cs, especially with long wiring runs.

We've been toying around with switching all the 1,000 or so bearing sensors over to RTD just for the ease of the 4-20ma. But with the cost, its still kinda up in the air.

I just saw earlier this morning an ad that Automation Direct has RTD transmitters with 4-20mA outputs for $125 bucks.

I just saw earlier this morning an ad that Automation Direct has RTD transmitters with 4-20mA outputs for $125 bucks.
do have a link at all, I'm not finding them. And are they the ones that insert into a grease cert?