OT Biddle bridge meggar

leitmotif

This is last minute I know - I really must get my inspirations much earlier.

Considering buying a Biddle bridge meggar from boeing Surplus for $15. Instructions are included. Am leaving to do a hands on inspections.

Boeings description
"James G. Biddle Co. Series 2 Megger Insulation Tester. This unit was manufactured in England in the mid 1950’s. Designed to isolate and analyze insulation defects and failures. Includes original manual and a storage/transport box. ** Condition: Used"

See at
https://active.boeing.com/assocproducts/surplus/ItemDetails.cfm?auctionID=23054&pageID=m43402e

Anybody familiar with this?

Dan Bentler

Don't know anything about this model, but for 15 bucks you can't go wrong.

Once worked with a guy who's father worked for the GPO (General post office) as a telephone engineer.

Their party piece was to wrap two lengths of thin fusewire around a toilet seat and wait for an unsuspecting victim.

When one arrived, they would crank the handle for all they were worth!!!

Well I got it for $18.60.
It is both a megger and a bridge decade resistance box so it can be used to measure cable resistance. Might be handy. Be interesting to compare 1954 methods to modern hitech hifaluting Flukes.

There were a lot of stunts that could be done with megger.

Dan Bentler