PLC 5/10 Communication

plcsforme

We have a PLC 5/10 at our treatment plant running the intermediate pumps. I would like to download the program that is in the PLC but not sure which cables I need. I have RSLinx Classic on a labtop along with RSLogix 500. Any help would be appreciated.

First you need RSLogix5. Your RSLogix500 will not work.

The PLC5/10 only has a DH+ port ( DH+ protocol) you will need one of the following to load/upload your program.
1784-PCMK card.
1770-KF2 Box ( DF1 to DH+)
1784-U2DHP ( USB to DH+ converter)
or a PC with a 1784-KTX card.

Last edited:
If it would help I will tell you that I have a customer that had a machine with a 5/10 and it was cheaper to replace the 5/10. They bought a used 5/20 processor from the internet with serial ports and this was much cheaper - less than half the cost - of purchasing the DH+ communication interface hardware. $600 I think it was.

If it would help I will tell you that I have a customer that had a machine with a 5/10 and it was cheaper to replace the 5/10. They bought a used 5/20 processor from the internet with serial ports and this was much cheaper - less than half the cost - of purchasing the DH+ communication interface hardware. $600 I think it was.

But he still has the issue of getting the program out of the 5/10, reconfiguring the program for a 5/20, and downloading it. Still need s/w and comm h/w to do those tasks.