steeper motor/ driver

sheryl86_ann

Hello! I would just like to asked if somebody here in this circulation knew about this steeper motor driver, YKA2304. May i asked if you had an english manual/ pdf? The one can be search in the internet is Chinese.. I cannot understand or even read Chinese.. Please help if you had encounter this.

Thank you very much!

Sheryl - Philippines

This is a very simple step motor driver,do you have any question?

The scenario states this way. I am assigned to replace the existing PLC of our client with Mitsubishi Fx3U in particular. The most that I can do this time since we do not have a software for that existing PLC (emerson) is to study each movement of the machine. I am just a also a beginner in PLC programming and some of which part, i am not sure yet.

My concern is regarding the PU, DR and MF addressing.

Sample addressing I used before is PLSY k680 k0 Y001 in which here, I used 680 frequency, K0 for nonstop and Y1 motor I waanted to run.

At YKA2304, is this correct that i'll used same pattern at PU terminal with PLSY k680 K0 y1 for example? What about the DR (direction) and MF (motorfree)?

I assumed direction here means the clockwise / counterclockwise rotation. Right?

When shall I used the motorfree? When I wanted to stop the motor at that particular rotation? Can you help me some sample addressing on PU, DR and MF? (Mitsubishi PLC im using)

Moreover, is this servo driver must have exclusive dc supply? Can I tap here the PLC input DC supply also if current rating is okay?

Thank you very mmuch. Hope to here some.

sheryl

PU:pulse signal, connect to the PLC output(high speed output).

DR:direction signal, maybe plc output is ON(0), motor will running CW, if plc output is OFF(1), motor will running CCW.you can try this.

MF: motor free signal, if plc output is ON(0), motor will disable(motor free), if plc output is OFF(1), motor will enable.

Note: the PLC output type must be NPN.

Hope that will help.

sample.jpg

Hi!

Thanks for sending attachment and reply.
May I ask still? What if the PLC output is PNP? what will happen? Will it cause any problem in the future?

Regarding the PU, MF and DR wiring, do I need to put resistor? This time none. What will happen if without resistor?

What are the PLC high speed output? Only Y0 and Y1? MAybe thats why two motors where shorted? Is that so?

Please help if you could. Only few responded in my messages.

I had problem when to run and stop that PU,MF and DR.

I thought using like this:

1.) Using PLSY k1000 k0 y0 at PU terminal must have coil Y13 for example (Y13 is direction) if i want to run it.

2. Using 3 terminals PU, MF and DR will stop the motor. Is my addressing correct?

3. What if I want to forward the motor and if it detect sensor x0 it will stop and after sometime, it will reverse again and stop after detecting sensor x2? and vice versa. How to do it? Mine is quite complicated. It is but all a discovery. I still doesn't got the logic behindt of when to use 2 and 3 signals. I had no experience in the past with this. Servo yes somehow.

Do you have sample plc program for this?

Thank you very much.

PS: You have any manual i could refer and read with?

Sincerely,

sheryl

Last edited:
PU:pulse signal, connect to the PLC output(high speed output).

DR:direction signal, maybe plc output is ON(0), motor will running CW, if plc output is OFF(1), motor will running CCW.you can try this.

MF: motor free signal, if plc output is ON(0), motor will disable(motor free), if plc output is OFF(1), motor will enable.

Note: the PLC output type must be NPN.

Hope that will help.

Sir:

Greetings! May I asked the ff:

1. With regards to the attached file, above the PU terminal is a -5V and a note "you can use PLC DC power supply +24V".

what is the meaning then of that -5V there?

2. In our existing wiring, the PU, DR and MF terminal were directly connected to the PLC output in which the common is -24V. Correct?

3. However, the MF terminal had NO resistor being connected. Why need to connect (series) a resistor?

4. If resistor is needed, only on that MF terminal? why? What value? 1/4 watt? 2K? 4.7K? What about the other PU and DR terminal?

5. Is was stated in the attachment that the PU terminal should be connected to a high speed output. The plc i am using is FX3U series. From the manual, the high speed outputs are Y0 and Y1.But, somebody told me for FX3U, Y0, Y1, Y2 and Y3 are high speed out. I doubt. MAybe yes, maybe no, I dont know. Any idea?

Thank you very much. Hope to hear more.

Sincerely,

sheryl

I know this post is 2 years old but i would like to share what i have (for future preference)

1. With regards to the attached file, above the PU terminal is a -5V and a note "you can use PLC DC power supply +24V". - that is not -5. it is +5.

2. In our existing wiring, the PU, DR and MF terminal were directly connected to the PLC output in which the common is -24V. Correct?
.. in my past company, they actually say -24 (we also use mitsubishi melsec). it is actually 0V.. -24 is a misconception coz negative voltage only comes with AC voltage. remember the sine wave back in collage days? the half sine wave pointing upward is the (positive)voltage and the half sine wave pointing downward is the (neg)voltage. in your existing PLC, 0v will be connected to the output load 24v will be your common. japanese(eastside) PLCs has sourcing output (PNP) whilst american / euro (westside) PLCs have sinking output (NPN) or sinking/sourcing. if the motor needs a 24V output, you can use a highspeed relay(i dont know if they have one like this). or an optocoupler (you can fabricate a circuit for this).

3. However, the MF terminal had NO resistor being connected. Why need to connect (series) a resistor?

if you examine closely, the wires that are connected has a rectangle which is a resistor. meaning MF, PU and DR has resistors connected in series with them to filter excessive current flowing to the motor.

5. Is was stated in the attachment that the PU terminal should be connected to a high speed output. The plc i am using is FX3U series. From the manual, the high speed outputs are Y0 and Y1.But, somebody told me for FX3U, Y0, Y1, Y2 and Y3 are high speed out. I doubt. MAybe yes, maybe no, I dont know. Any idea?

you can use one highspeed input to one motor diba? so the highest probability that has a high speed input is y0. we use y0 in our programs.

if this is a dc motor you should use a ramp funtion store it on a data (eg. D0) then use a plsy D0 instruction for y0
i have made a program for a dc motor at our company and i will gladly share it if you still need this.

Last edited: