BTW Using a SLC5/04

I need the secret for creating a BTW/BTR using SLC 5/04. The M0/M1 files discussed in the instuction help are confusing, how to install or configure these files is not the most documented procedure. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Charlie

The User Manual for the 1747-SN scanner is only the first place to start. There are quite a few documents in the Rockwell Knowledgebase that describe in more detail how the 32 buffer files in the module are used to send block transfers.

SLC-5/03, /04, and /05 controllers with recent "Series C" firmware include a BTW and BTR instruction, like the PLC-5 has. This takes away your responsibility to enter and configure the COP instructions full of arrayed configuration and module data.

Just search on "1747-SN" and "Block Transfer", and you'll get a lot of hits, not the least of which is G15201 "Ten Things You Should Know When Doing Block Transfers with 1747-SN".

http://domino.automation.rockwell.c...18655FAAA011E0AA85256AFB0062DB71?OpenDocument

Must be nice

The first time I had to setup a BTR/BTW with a Panelview I did not have a clue, took me two (2) weeks to get the drift. I managed to do it though.

My point with this post is that back THEN then the NET was not so easily accessible...AB's knowledgebase was not so easily accessed.

For that matter I didnt realize there was a Knowledgebase that could be accessed...not sure there was back then.

I was lucky because the PLC5 being used in the system at that time had a BTR/BTW already being used (for RIO...I think) so I copied it ..kind of. This was many years ago so the details are vague now but I did it and guess what...IF I DID IT BACK THEN WITHOUT AB ANYONE CAN.

Having access to AB Knowledgebase should make it even easier for you...check it out.

NOTE: AB has probably the most informative and extensive KNOWLEDGEBASE of ANY PLC manufacturer.

SIEMENS also has an extensive database/knowledgebase but isnt as EASY to FIND things or access,

Omron falls into same category as Siemens

Automationdirect doesnt really have one...may be because their plc's are simple to use. They do have a decent forum to assist when needed.

GE has an extensive database that is "almost" as easy to access as AB..those dang % things get in the way though. The plc's and associated software has never been easy...to me.

Who else is a MAJOR player in this field?
Mitsubishi: I am not familiar with so wont comment.
Klockner-Moeller...dont make me laff
ABB..dont make me get sick.

I would like to thank everyone for the help and guidence, the answer to the original question was fairly obvious once the propper documentation was found. When adressing the M0/M1 files the secret was the slot the card was installed in the backplane. My card was in slot 6 requiring me to adress the M0 file M0:6.200. Because of the lenghts I went through to solve this delema, it is most assuredly burned into my memory. Again thanks for the help. Charlie