PLC battery question.

aradhonline

I just have another question..

what is the main purpose we r using battery inside plc..

how many years a usual one will last??

when battery is taken and re inserted will the program will malfunction??

Some PLCs use the battery to maintain the program logic and the data tables during a power off state. others use the battery only to maintain the data tables wiht the program logic being maintained in non-volitile RAM. You must check the specific PLC documentation to determine the specific battery purpose and lifetime (which may vary depending on powered off storage temperature).

Similar Topics

Just a short one, can't seem to find a simple yes / no answer: If the battery goes dead in a PLC-5/15, does the processor dump it's application...
Replies
Views
Hi there! This is something so old and having machine with it....... Last time unit was powered around 3yr ago and it did not work since than...
Replies
Views
Hello friends, The battery of my omron plc goes low and need to replace with a new one. The original battery value is 3v exactly, while I've a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am doing research project focused on the retrofit of a diesel locomotive into a hydrogen-fuel-cell-battery hybrid locomotive. The...
Replies
Views
At the moment on my application (S7-1212C), the PLC/HMI are showing the correct time, i.e. the displayed time matches the time of the clock on the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom