DB9 pass through

matt.hoy

I am building a PLC cabinet that needs to have a DB9 connector on the outside of the cabinet. The only thing I have been able to find is a combination power/DB9 fitting that has a watertight cover that clamps down over it. We are on a tight budget, and this is overkill for us. All of the DB9 fittings that I can find have solder or crimp fittings on one side. I basically want a female-female connector with a flange around it that I can bolt to the cabinet. That way I can connect a barcode reader to the outside and run a standard cable from the inside to the PLC.

Any thoughts on where I can find that? 🤞🏻 I have looked at Digi-key and other places with no luck.

i think he wants something like this but with a DB9 connector

784.jpg

jstolaruk is exactly right.

I went over to L-com as suggested. They didn't have one, but they had a hint document that suggested taking the barrel screws out of a gender changer or adapter, replacing them with longer ones, and then mounting in through the panel wall and using a barrel nut to secure it on the other side.

I guess that will work, but I was hoping for something exactly like what jstolaruk posted.

Thanks to all for the responses!