WinCC C-Action Editor Error

jonnies

Hi guys,

I am new to WinCC C-Action scripts, and am trying to create one to open up a program when a button is pressed. I am receiving the following error every time I try to create a C-Action from the Graphics Designer -> Object Properties screen:

"Access to \\<my server>\SCRIPTFCT\global.pin was denied"

Looking into it I have found the following solution by Siemens:
https://support.automation.siemens....objaction=csview&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW

After checking its suggestions, I have found the correct network permissions already there.

Another thing I can't understand is that manually looking for global.pin, there is not a global.pin anywhere in my WinCC install directory, the project directory, anywhere I can find. Am I missing something major?

I appreciate any tips that you all could give me.

Thanks,
John

Another strange thing I have noticed. In the Siemens solution I posted, it says:

The "global.pin" file is in the WinCC installation directory, in the folder: "...\SIEMENS\WINCC\aplip\". The "<ProjectName>.pin" file is in the WinCC project directory.

I don't have an aplip directory. I have an aplib directory, with a "b" at the end. Is this just a typo on Siemens' part?