Panelview 300 Micro connected to L35E CompactLogic

Coles

Error 612 no active nodes found on network. I'm using an Allen Bradley 1761-CBL-PM02 SER C cable. I downloaded the program to the PLC and to the panelview. Both units were indicating good communication in RSlinks, but when I connected them together, I have the above error. Do I have the wrong cable for the units to talk?

Rule #1 of all PanelView questions is: "post the entire part number".

It sounds to me like there's a mismatch between DF1 and DH485 configurations, or a PLC/SLC Tag Mapping issue.

Post the PanelBuilder and RSLogix 5000 files if you want a review of those.

Error 612 no active node found on network

Take a look at the attached programs. Note the RSlogic 5000 program was converted from SLC500 using the translate PLC5/PLC tool.

OK, so it's a 2711-M3A19L1 PanelView 300 Micro terminal with DH485 protocol.

It's configured to read from what it thinks is an SLC-5/05 over DH485 protocol at Node 1. All the tags are addressed to SLC-500 style addresses.

The CompactLogix serial port is still set for DF1 Full Duplex protocol, so step 1 is to set that for DH485 Node 1.

The Translation Tool is a good mechanism for reducing the brute labor of entering ladder logic, but does not carry forward every feature and function of the SLC program.

In particular, although the translated CompactLogix program has tags and tag arrays with similar names to the original SLC addresses, it does not automatically respond to requests for those original addresses. A request for "N7:0" is not responded to with the contents of "N7[0]".

The Logix-family controllers do a limited support of PLC/SLC data types using the Logic -> "Map PLC/SLC Messages" function. Your PanelView program addresses B3, N7, N9, and F8 data files, all of which can be mapped. You're going to have to manually change those PanelBuilder tags that address the .PRE registers of Timers because Timer arrays can't be mapped to "T4:x" data files because the datatypes are different (DINT vs INT).

I accept with information:The CompactLogix serial port is still set for DF1 Full Duplex protocol, so step 1 is to set that for DH485 Node 1.The Translation Tool is a good mechanism for reducing the brute labor of entering ladder logic, but does not carry forward every feature and function of the SLC program.