Ramsey Weigh scale Profibus communication

pauly

Any body had any experience with Profibus communication to Ramsey (Fischer Scientific)weigh scale controllers? Pulling my hair out trying to get this to worko_O

Yes, I have, allthough it's about 5 years ago. The scale controller was a PC with a Profibus card in it. If I remember correctly it was from Anybus. The guys from Ramsey configured their side of the bus via their own application. Can you specify your problem: can't you get the bus going or is there a problem with the signals to/from the scale?

Ramsey weigh scale Profibus woes

I can't seem to get the bus going. I am using a prosoft Profibus card in a Schneider Quantum rack. The manual for the Profibus says that the first 4 words to the unit should be made up of: the group of variables to be read, the first register to read, the number of registers to read, and a "stamp" value. I have tried putting values into the relevant marker words in the PLC but nothing is transferred at all. The unit itself recognises it is on the bus because the baudrate is picked up automatically.🤞🏻

Hi Pauly,
Sorry for the delay.
The fact that the slave picks up the baudrate doesn't mean it configured correctly. The master and slave need te be on the same baudrate in order to tell each other who they are.
As far as I've seen you need the Prosoft Communication builder Software to configure the Master. What is the diagnosis you get there?
If you want I can try to get you the GSD file I used back then and also the configuration. I don't work for that company anymore but I can see what I can do. Just let me know.

Gup

A little more info

I have since connected the unit to one of our S7300 test rigs and the comms worked first time. I have contacted the company that make the weigh scale integrator units and they have had issues in the past with Prosoft cards, albeit in Controllogix chassis. I gave up on the Profibus route and tried to use the Modbus port on the weigh scale controller but had no luck with that either!! Maybe 2010 will be a better year. Thanks for the reply anyway Gup and happy holidays.