motoman robot deadman switch interlock

kiran

Hi,

I am looking into interlocking the deadman switch of two motoman robots. Has anybody out there done this before? Any info. on this is much appreciated. Thanks.

As the deadman switch applies only to manual motions (jogging), it is unclear what's wrong with it.
On the other hand, this is a crucial safety feature during jogging, for both human safety and robot own safety. Bypassing safety circuits is unacceptable according to any safety code and just by common sense.

I havw see it done before. I think they used the ladder logic inside the Motoman to map tha bit out to a hardwire contact.

It was used to monitor if the deadman was pressed in automode. If you have a machine in auto and someone hits the deadman that ment they where in the work cell with the machine in auto.

I know they shouldn't be there they had another person lock the doors after they where in there. That is another story by itself.