Autcad electrical sheets etc...

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I am switching from autocad 2004 LT to autocad 2006 electrical. I am trying to use this sheet manager but doesn't seem to work like I would think it should.

I would think that the things I want to do are very simple but can't find much help on the internet or on here for what I want to do. Everything points to autolisps but I would think it would be a little simpler.

So lets say I have a sheet with line numbers for wires.
(Sheet 40)

In my template I have a sheet number.

Basicly what I want to do is create a template with line numbers
SH01
SH02
SH10
And whatever I enter into my sheet number in my template it replaces all the SH's with it.

Kind of like how in excell you can reference and display the number of another cell.

Also is there a command for display total sheets, for total sheets in either the project manager or sheet manager?

Thanks for any advice.

AutoCAD Electrical....hah, hah!

Whoever wrote the software for that one did not know much about electrical design. I tried to use the automaitc circuit breaker panel feature, and it did not even know that the circuits on panels are labeled 1,3,5,7...down the left side and 2,4,6,8 down the right. It insisted on its own numbering scheme. It did not calculate loads correctly. It did not draw duplex receptacles that could be read - made the symbols way too small, they looked lik black blobs on the drawings.

I quit using it and went back to my own constructs.

Last edited:
Ahh yeah. So far I'm not seeing to much great stuff about it. It comes with premade blocks of switches and stuff. I can see this being good for a beginner but so many other things just are simple. I'm starting to look into the sheet manager and while it helps organize subsets and can give you an incremental number to put on your sheet it can't calculate the total number of sheets.

I find that to be very stupid. So I gave it a try I may try E-plan next.

Why ACE 2006? Why not 2010 much more up to date and more features.

For your money eplan is better. If possible i wait for the release of eplan p8 or make sure you buy support so you can upgrade.

I like eplan best but i have both.

ACE 2006 is what someone had laying for me to check out. What new features does 2010 have. Can it calculate total sheets and automaticly upadate line numbers?

Another co-worker has E-plan that I can check out, so I may check that out also.