Crimson Error Report

matthew09

Hi guys. Hopefully the title caught the eye of the right people. I'm not sure what is the best way to report errors in the Crimson product.

I've noticed a particular behavour between builds 482 and 492. If i insert a bitmap Image to a screen using one build (either), and open it with the other build, the image does not display. All i see is the placeholder (a square with lines from corner to corner).

A diff of the files shows the offending field to be Image01 in the Prims object. For example, if the database is created using build 482, Image01 is set to 17. If I manually change this to 14, then the image appears when i open the database using build 492.

Is this an error? Or is there a way to update the database when opening it using a Crimson build which is differnt to that originally used to create the database?

Thanks.

Just a quick update...

I notice there is a Build field in the C2Data node of the database. I figured that this is set to the build of Crison which last saved the database. My client has told that the database was edited using the latest build of Crimson (I'm guessing, 501). Would i then be right in saying that the Build field is set when the database is first created, and that this field never changes?

If so, then the problem probably exists with 501 as well. Which would make sence.

Last edited:
Another update...

It appears the Build field is set every time you save. It appears, even tho my client updated Crimson, they probably didn't save the file using the new build. However, if they had, the Image01 field would not have been updated correctly to reflect the new build of Crimson.