GE 90-30 to Red Lion

HPD

Trying to program remotely to GE 90-30 PLC through Red Lion G3 RS232. Already communicating tags back and forth to-from Red Lion to 90-30. But need ability to connect through the internet to program 90-30. I have done this before with a SLC-500 at another location and was hoping it would be the exact same way with the GE.

Any Suggestions?

Certain things in the programming protocol can screw it up, like senstive timing or the use of break conditions. Let me have someone have a look at this tomorrow...

Looking quickly at the SNP source code, the protocol does use a timed break signal as part of its initialization. Since break states aren't passed over the virtual serial link, that might be a problem. I've got tech support looking through their records to see if anyone has got this working, though...

I'd be interested in finding out more about what protocols serial servers use to control Baud rates, send break conditions etc. I know there's RFC2217, but there might be others, too. I've got Jeremy looking into it, and then we might add this stuff to C3. It would make sense, as I'm sure other people are going to hit the same issue.