RSView & Visual Logic Controller

skalt

SInce i got no answers this week end I am posting this again....

For several days now I have been attempting to create a valid tag in RSView32 to communicate with a OPC server from SteepleChase (VisualLogic). The industrial PC running the SteepleChase software is not running RSLinx. When I use OPC Test Cleint from RSLinx I am able to monitor the data in real time across the peer-to-peer Ethernet. However, any tag I configure in RSView shows to be invalid and will not read the data.

Any ideas from anyone would certianly help!

The most common thing in RSView32 is to use RSLinx as an "in-process OPC server" on the same PC as RSView.

Your posting suggested that the VLC OPC server is on a different PC than RSView32. That means that your data source in RSView32 must be configured as a "Remote OPC Server".

Post some info about how you configured your OPC source in RSView32 and there might be more info forthcoming. I don't use VLC but I've done remote Kepware servers with RSView32.

hi skalt

Another point to consider is the version of RSView32. if you need opc
2.0 compliance then Rsview32 must be 6.4 or above. Version 6.3.17 is not 2.0 compliant. You may have to look into using the kepware opc software to give the connection that you want. Went down this scenario trying to connect to omron plc'c and ended up using kepware. It works really well.
Post some more details and will try to help

kevin

You are correct. It is configured as a remote opc server

Node Setup
Server name= \\name_of_remote_pc
we have also tried \\name_of_remote_pc\visuallogiccontroller
and
\\name_of_remote_pc\Steeple_Chase_Software.visuallogiccontroller.2

path is left blank in hopes that we could browse the multitude of tags from vlc

Kevin,
The version of RSView is 6.4.... we have already checked that out.

Stan