Citect SCADA (Facilities)

hapetter

Hi,
Anyone experience with Citect SCADA software. Im planning to use it in a building automation project. The vendor says it (CitectFacilities) is compleatly free. I find this hard to belive. It seems to be such a complex and powerful software. Is this true?
Is it a good software?
Thanks!
Best Regrads
Hans Pettersson

IT is free for development, but you need to buy the tags.
I haven't use it, a but a workmate have made some project with it.

IT is free for development, but you need to buy the tags.
I haven't use it, a but a workmate have made some project with it.

Citect Facilities is Citect SCADA with the automation drivers removed, apart from that there is no difference, its a marketing thing more than anything as the building side of things dont really identify with the SCADA thing.

My company uses Citect. The software isn't bad, but things can go horribly wrong when updating or making changes. This may have changed with newer software upgrades, but my company is looking into Inductive Automation's factory PMI. the software is free and you can develop your project and actually run it, the problem is the SQL server only runs for 2 hours and then you have to reset it. I will say this. IA has an awesome tech support dept and they will help you even if you haven't purchased the software. If you have any questions more on Citect, please feel free to send me a message.

Thanks guys. I talked to the vendor and hi confirmed the tag price, its not that bad I think. I have also been thinking about iFix (Cimplicity) Some say its great. But I think it is expencive?. I will probably develop my own HMI for my home automation project. On larger project I think I have to look into some of the mentioned HMI software:)

I like Citect and it is my preferred SCADA package by far. Drivers for almost everything in the standard package.
Very powerfull too.
Have used iFix once - never again. It has ONE thing that I like though - a spreadsheet thing for all I/O and alarms that is great for monitoring/commissioning.
Will never use Wizcon agin either.

Go with Citect - out of the box it's probably more configurable than just about anything out there. Beware though, along with configurability comes the opportunity to screw with things to the point where you'd wish you had never started. There's PLENTY of help to be had around the place.

Muz