PV600 ethernet comms trouble

Blijj

Hey Guys. I replaced a PV600 ("old" type) today (worn out touch screen) but despite setting up the ip address and mask in the config screen, it kept giving a comms hardware fault (forgot the code number) and RSLinx couldn't see it. Put the old one back and all was ok. Anybody got any ideas? Cheers.

Communication Hardware faults usually indicate a problem with the terminal's communication daughtercard. Sometimes this results from a mis-configuration but usually it genuinely reflects a hardware failure.

What the replacement terminal new out of the box, reconditioned, or aftermarket ?

The part number of the terminal and the exact error code are necessary.

I had seen this numerous times and AB has a knowledgebase article out on this, if I am correct the error will be 636 or 634 and it has to do with 0's being added to IP address. The solution is to remove leading 0's from the IP address.

Thanks for the replies. Just got back to email land. I used the "addressable" ip driver in RSLx instead and connected directly. All working now. Still can't work out why it had a hardware error, though. Thanks again.