Frankenstiens Bride

Soggy Canuck

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have two Omron CQM1H PLC's linked Via Controllerlink each PLC has an NT31C attached. In addition I have a CJ1M PLC which I plan to incorporate 9 Devicnet slave onto. I want to marry the CQ1MH pair with the CJ1M. The communication overhead is very light on both the Controller Link and on the Devicenet. Should I look at adding the CJ1M onto the Controller Link or would I be better off getting Devicenet modules for the touch screens o_O

My opinion would be to add the CJ1W-CLK21 module to the CJ1.
NT's are nearing the end of production.

The Controller Link solution would be pretty clean and should be faster update times. Probably less expensive also.

Hope this will help.

I would use Controller Link for sure. It is so easy to set up and seamless to use. Good error checking bits are standard as well.
Are you commited to Device Net slaves? If not I would highly recommend CompoNet if you only have digital and analogue. Much cheaper, faster, easier, no expensive Device Net cable, token ring too! Down side is only 1 master allowed.

Controller Link it is then. The device net is already in place, and yes I would agree Compo-net is a much better system. Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom