RS LOGIX 500 Licence question

STL???

Hi,
I need to replace my hard disk in my laptop for a greater capacity, at the moment the only software licence i'm not 100% about is my Rockwell software.

i have Factory talk installed and i have transfered the .LIC file to our network for safe keeping.

I have been told though that the licence is tied to the hard disk serial number is this true?

Thanks

If you open the .lic file you can pretty much tell what it is linked to. The only choices are hard disk,nic,and dongle.

If replacing the hard drive or whatever it is locked to the you need to use the factory talk activation toll which may be already installed and rehost the liscense.

Write down the rehost code it gives you if not connected to the internet. Enter this rehost code in the ab website to rehost the liscense.

When your hardware upgrade is complete and tested you will have to go to the activation website and lock the liscense to the new hard disk id and it will generate a new.lic for you.

The old lic can be discarded.