Control Logix Data write to server module

russrmartin

Hey guys, a couple years ago at Automation Fair I though I remembered seeing an AB CLX module that fit into the backplane that acted much like a SCADA in that it supposedly allowed for data to be logged to a server directly, with no PC required to be running any sort of SCADA software. I've got an application where that might be a good fit, but can't find anything on this guy. Anyone know what the module I'm thinking of is, and have any feedback to offer on it?

Thanks in advance.

Russ

Russ

The new module is called the tmanager and is a little better than the xcoupler in the fact that the tmanager is a little more but does not need a second liscense for workbench to set it up.

So in the end it is cheaper. Tmanager also has two ports(Nics) to talk to 2 different networks. You have to buy a liscense for each additional database type. The unit comes with 1 database plugin of your choice such as SQL and you can write to as many databases as you want. More if you add oracle and other types of databases.

Unit cost with one database liscense is about 6K

They have a pretty good 30 day trial and free support to get you started.

The unit will parse 500 tags per second and can read multiple plc's. I have 3 of these in the plant. I love them. they replaced some desktop pc's on the floor that were running RSSQL to write to our databases.

Glad those are gone.

xCoupler from Online Development

I have two xCoupler cards from Online Development. In my opinion they work great. They can write to several different types of data bases (Sequel, Oracle etc..). They can also fire a stored procedure in a SQL server.

I use them for continuous data logging for our CQI-9 compliance and also for production status. They have on board memory back-up if you loose you enet connection for a while.

The software is also east to use (I am a controls guy bridging to the PC side, so I understand PLC also more than SQL). The other nice thing is that the CLS tag table shows up for you to pick your tags you want to work with (both control tags and program level tags).

They were pricy but worth the money and good USA based tech support.

Thanks all

I am terrible at finding what I want on this website. I'm ashamed that such another post existed. That aside, thanks to all for the responses. I'll not be afraid to offer this as a solution. Thanks again!

Russ