Omron Online Editing.

Bob O

I have only used AB so this is my first go with Omron. I need to change DM150 in a CQM1 CPU21 to another value.
I was able to get online with this unit and I was able to transfer the DM from the PLC and was able to view it on my laptop. To do the edit is it just the case of type in a new value and send the Selection to the PLC?
I wasn’t able to test this as they were shutting down so I will be back in the morning.
Also the current value is 98 Hex which is equal to 152 in decimal. The help files mention the Set Value [SV] is in .1 sec intervals so if this is the case then this timer is currently set for 15.2 seconds. I am correct or all wet?

Thanks

To do the edit is it just the case of type in a new value and send the Selection to the PLC?

Most of the time, but to quote a common phrase here, "it depends".

Also the current value is 98 Hex which is equal to 152 in decimal. The help files mention the Set Value [SV] is in .1 sec intervals so if this is the case then this timer is currently set for 15.2 seconds. I am correct or all wet?

Couple of things:
1. The CQM1 platform is BCD based, so the preset will be 9.8secs.
2. If the timer preset is the value stored in DM150, then the best place to change this is via a watch window, IMO that is.
3. If the timer preset is coded via a memory variable, as opposed to a constant, you should probably check that DM150 is not used anywhere else in the program. It is odd that a memory variable has been used, if it is not assigned elsewhere, or via a HMI?
4. If you try to change it in the ladder editor, it allows you to assign a constant or variable, this may or may not be what you want?

Hope this helps, come back with any more questions..

Really not uncommon to use a DM as a variable for a timer or counter. Very useful really. Use it regularly on complex programs - a bit like indirect addressing. You can write values in there from anywhere in the program.
The method suggested is a good one by the way.
You will need to use BCD values - ie #108 = 10.8 seconds.

Thank you.
The DM150 is used to MOV(21) 98 Hex into DM10 98 BCD which is the Fill Timer in this case. There is a group of these MOV(21) on a rung so again I assume the are moving set points.
This program isn't documented but the customer does have a paper copy. I feel so lucky.
Also, I will assume that you can also change this value from the HMI in the Timer screen or but they don't know the password. For the password I searched through the HMI file and found the password display memory location so I will read those and see if that works as a password.

Thanks Again

Last edited: